Flag of the Cayman Islands

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My openers

Well I just returned from California for my first two meets of the 2009 season. I went 57.70m at Cerritos on the 16th and 56m and change at Mt Sac on the 18th. These marks are pretty low, much lower than I expected. Dr. B said I just looked, scared, tired and too slow. After much thought about my performances I concluded that there are a few reasons why I didn't compete well. These are excuses just things that might have affected me.

1. My training program. I just started a new program and only had two practices with the 7.26kg.
2. I got rear-ended right before my Cerritos meet.
3. I just didn't compete hard enough.

But I've been doing this long enough now so I need to cut the BS and compete better. Friend and mentor Kareem Streete told me two important things. 1. You will never feel 100%, you just have to compete as best you can on that day. 2. You have to have a short memory in the game. Things are always changing.

So my aim is to find my groove at my next meet here in Kamloops on May 9th.

No comments:

Vote for your favorite slogan