Flag of the Cayman Islands

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Meet notes

So I get to Seattle, I feel great, 2nd warm up throw measured at 60.10m. Then first throw into the competition my left knee began to hurt. I've had trouble with this all season but have been training through it. I've worn a brace and do home rehab (heat and rolling). I gritted my teeth through the whole competition in hopes of repeating my warm-up attempt. I ended up throwing 56m. I'm disappointed about the competition mark but I feel great about my warm up throw and don't feel as if this was a waste of a trip at all. I'd like to thank the high school and masters athletes that came out and made this meet possible. And I greatly appreciate the Bingisser family officiating and putting me up for two nights.
Now the game plan is to get back to Kamloops and get treatment. Find out what's wrong with my knee and see If I can get healthy to compete on June 12th in Richmond.

This season is far from over and I know I will get a big throw before its out!

No comments:

Vote for your favorite slogan