Flag of the Cayman Islands

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Training notes

Hello everyone,
My training is progressing steadily. We are throwing outside for one session a day and are inside for the other. I'm still on the 5kg program but the volume has been reduced because of my 'down' state. The reduction in volume well help trigger a start towards a peak condition. However, I've been feeling pretty weak over the past week. My distances dropped slightly over a few days but are still above 65m. Coach Bondarchuk thinks that my 5kg should be +70m but if I was entering a down phase in my throwing condition this would explain my throws between 65-68m. I hope this is the case but I wouldn't know for sure until I actually throw over 70m. As time goes by Dr. B will understand my body better and that will help him in knowing where I'm at at different stages in my training cycles.
Marks (5kg hammer)
March 2008
7th - 68.40m
8th - 68.60m PR
11th - 68.50m
12th - 65.90m
15th - 67.50m
18th - 66.10m
21st - 68.70m NEW PR

No comments:

Vote for your favorite slogan