Flag of the Cayman Islands

Monday, August 18, 2008

BEIJING 2008!!!

I'm sure most if not all of you have been following the Olympic Games. It's really exciting to watch athletes from around the world competing against each other to see who's talents can shine through on that given day. I wish I was there to get a taste for what it will be like when I compete in 2012, but I'll settle for watching and following the games over the internet.

The men's hammer final was contested on the 17th and was won by Primoz Kozmus of Solvenia with a throw of 82.02m. Which is about 20m further than my P.B. The top 5 guys all went over 80m which is extremely good. The level of hammer throwing is constantly rising. In watching the games it makes me anxious to get back to training.

If your interested in the results here's the link for it. Keep you eye out for my fellow Cayman track athletes, Cydonie Mothersill and Ronald Forbes.

http://iaaf.org/oly08/results/eventCode=3659/racedate=08-17-2008/sex=M/discCode=HT/combCode=hash/roundCode=f/results.html#det

No comments:

Vote for your favorite slogan