Flag of the Cayman Islands

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Training update

I started a new program today. I trained through the holidays this year and it was alright. When Dr. B came back he told me he trained by himself for 15 years. No coach or even a training partner to help guide him. He became and Olympic champion/World record holder totally by feel, and his own research. I feel that is pretty inspiring and amazing. We had a few one-on-one session where he talked a little bit more about my technique and what needs to be changed. I will touch on that in a future post.

So here it is.
5kg X3
8kgx3

lifting
ball throws
box jumps
plate twists
medicine ball abs

Three sets of throwing and lifting.

I'm pretty busted from the first practice but am absolutely sure that I'll adapt in a few training sessions.

All the best for the new year!

MGL

4 comments:

Martin said...

Good old sets...

I hope the jumps aren't too hard on your knee. Are they the high box jumps? I'd also be interested to hear what he says about technique. Be sure to follow up on that.

GETMIKEHAMMERED said...

Yeah the jumps are the same height of yours. My knee has been taking a beating but that's what Shane is for.
Will let you know for sure. its just my start.. needs it to be same as final and keep head on ball through 90.
See ya soon

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Good Day i'm fresh here. I came accross this chat board I find It absolutely accommodating & it's helped me out so much. I hope to give something back and assist others like its helped me.

Thanks Everyone, See Ya Later.

Vote for your favorite slogan