Flag of the Cayman Islands

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

EL KABONGED!!!!



Well folks today I made a colossal mistake that could have proved disastrous. Glare from the sun, a little day dreaming and a nice aim by Meagan, left me stunned by the stinging of a 2kg rubber discus across my leg and arm. I've been throwing since I was 14 and have never been hit by any implement. Now that I've been kabonged I have to remember to be safe while I'm out in the field. If that were a metal discus released from the hands of Alekna or another freakishly good discus thrower, I'd probably be worst off than just a few welts. Even after this physical clash of body and rubber, I shook it off and threw a P.r. with the 10kg. of 46.40m
Later that afternoon I went back and threw the 9kg 51.10m which is not far off my P.r . of 51.70m. It's nice having Coach B back. He's pleased with my distances; "Mike you grow." He is also such an amazing coach. He arrived to Kamloops at 8am from a 24hr travel from Germany and showed up to coach me at 10am. That's shows real dedication to sport and his athletes.
Hopefully tomorrow I can throw far without getting hit. Time to go nurse my bruises.

No comments:

Vote for your favorite slogan