Flag of the Cayman Islands

Friday, May 30, 2008

NEW TRAINING SITE

Today was my first day at my new training venue. We had to move from our old place because a new road is going through it. The current location is not as convenient as the last, requiring two bus rides and no room for tardiness or I'll be 45 minutes late. We share the field with a local model airplane club. They have a small landing strip and everything. It always seems that throwing has to take second place to something else. Since I've started to throw I've battled against walkers, football players, the city, and now an airplane club. The nice thing about the new place is the landing area is grass and should be easier on the implements. There are two port-a-potties. It's right across the street from Coach Bondarchuk's home. Maybe some days we could get Galina, his wife, to make lunch for us.
I felt a little groggy in both sessions. This could be from the drive back yesterday. I went 43.55m with the 10kg and 49.00m with the 9kg. Tomorrow I'll be indoors because the airplane club has a function all day and the field will be off limits.
Don't forget to vote for a slogan. Only 4 days left!!!

No comments:

Vote for your favorite slogan