Flag of the Cayman Islands

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Training notes

A.M.
Still cold out today but no rain. There's snow!... on the mountains tops. lol I'm excited about that. Yes, I have seen snow many times but I just like it because its a change of season and means new things are to come.
So we (the group) were outside. My body is a little soar from yesterday's practice. 8kg. Dr. B says my technique has improved since the last time I was here. It feels good to have some reassurance when you don't feel like you've had the best practice.
Lifts were good as usual. It nice to have somewhat of an easier lifting session after a heavier implement throwing session. Had a good rest in between practices.
P.M.
Warmer out. 6kg. I felt a lot more sore and not as energized. But it was not that bad of a practice. I have to keep in mind that it'll take about 2 weeks to adjust to the program. I was going to the left more this session on the entry instead of letting it go around and sit on the right. The ones I really tried to throw hard weren't that great but the ones that I focused my thoughts on technique proved to be more effective.
Then it started to rain and the circles get real slick out there so Coach B. called it. Lifts were generally good. Nothing to crazy. Special exercises take a lot of time but are most effective for hammer training. I can't wait till winter when I think we have a lot more.
It's Saturday and tomorrow is a rest day. Just going eat, rest and eat some more. Over all the past week has been a good one. Honeybear your awesome keep up the good work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are doing well Mike. Stay focus in what you are doing. Im sure that for the next Olympics, I will be watching you on TV. I will continue to have you in my prayers.

Your Brother,

Carlos

Vote for your favorite slogan