Flag of the Cayman Islands

Sunday, April 27, 2008

ANOTHER CAYMAN RECORD AND PERSONAL BEST

Greetings,
I'm pleased to say that I had another successful competition weekend. At the Kamloops Spring Throws Fest I improved my national/personal record to 60.66 meters. This is just my second meet of the season. I liked the meet because it gave you three opportunities, of which I used two, to compete. I set the record on Saturday and threw 59.48 meters on Sunday. For my series and other results click the link below. Scroll towards the end for hammer results. (the 28m throw should be 58m officials error)
http://www.kamloopstrack.ca/documents/KST%202008%20-%20Results.htm

Again I'm very pleased with my result but I'm far from content because I know that I'm capable of much more. My technique wasn't great on Saturday but I felt good. Coach Bondarchuk said that I looked a lot better on Sunday. He said my turns were good but I just needed to continue moving my arms in the final part of the throw.

The main thing about this part of the season and these competitions is that I'm just training through them. For example even after I competed on Saturday I still had to hit the gym and do my lifting.

I should compete twice in May but I haven't decided on what meets as yet. I'll be starting a new training program in 3 days and my training days will go from 3 days on, 1 off, 2 on, 1 off to 3 days on 1 day off, 3 days on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

GETMIKEHAMMERED said...

Thank you, I'll work on it.

Vote for your favorite slogan