Flag of the Cayman Islands

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

FIRST MEET DOWN MORE RECORDS TO GO!

Hello hammered blog visitors!!!
I set a new personal record and Cayman Island national record of 59.38m at the VS Athletic Beach Invitational. This took place at Cerritos College in Norwalk, CA. After having a bad week of practice, not getting into Mt. Sac Relays, having two of my scheduled aircrafts break down back to back(on the ground of course), 4hrs of waiting to compete on meet day,and my hammer wire break between the preliminaries and finals, a PR/NR wasn't such a bad opener for the 2008 season. This was a "pegged" event which means the officials only marked/measured your best attempt. As a result I was unable to get my result series. But it went like this; FOUL/59.38/FOUL, 57.70m/57ish/57ish. I don't like that form of officiating because there is a large margin for error in measuring the competitors throws.

RESULTS LINK http://longbeachstate.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/lbst/sports/c-track/auto_pdf/Beachinvite

I'm pleased with the mark but very far from being content. I know I will go a lot further. I have a lot of work to do over the next 2 months. There are a few competitors from the Caribbean and Central America that have a few meters on me. Some of these guys I will face at the CAC senior games in July in Cali, Colombia. It's early in the season and I can't wait to throw farther.

Next on the agenda, the Kamloops Throws Fest 26th/27th of April.

No comments:

Vote for your favorite slogan