Flag of the Cayman Islands

Sunday, May 18, 2008

SMALL STEPS

Hello All,
This past weekend I added 10cm to my national record/personal best, increasing the distance to 60.77m. I competed twice this weekend. I had a best result of 59.32m on Saturday and set the record on my first throw on Sunday. My technique was 'off' on both days, I really didn't put a good throw together. The weather was fairly warm, warmest competition of the season. The overall competition was great. I was able to compete against Jim Steacy who extended his Canadian national record to 79.13m. (Farthest throw I've seen in person) My training partner Sultana Frizell extended hers to 70.55m. She is also the first female Canadian hammer thrower to surpass the 70 meter barrier. Congrats to them both on there records and Olympic Games A standard qualification. Well, I'm in Calgary now and I'm pretty tired so its off to bed for me. I will travel back to Kamloops tomorrow. That's all for now...
(please forgive me if some of the marks are wrong. I will change them if need be when the official results are up, along with the results link)

No comments:

Vote for your favorite slogan