Flag of the Cayman Islands

Sunday, May 11, 2008

New Program

I started a new program on the 3rd of this month. I'm throwing the 10kg(short wire) and my training days are 3 days on 1 day off. My body has been taking a beating. This is my first time training with the 10kg. It's fun but hard. I'm glad that its on a short wire though because this way it doesn't really feel like I'm throwing a 10kg. I threw inside for about 6 days while Coach Bondarchuk was away at a training camp. But we've been outside since his return. The weather in Kamloops is getting better. Although we still get days where its 55 F and rainy.
Overall as a training group has been competing well. Sultana Frizell has set a new Canadian record twice for the season(69.39m). Jennifer Joyce(CAN) has gone 68m and Vanessa Wilhem(USA) set a new PR of 65.21m. Both Canadians are very close to the Olympic A standard of 69.50m. Dylan Armstrong(CAN) is doing well. He's thrown over 20m in the shot a few times for the season in his preparations for the summer games. Jessie Roberge(USA)is off making a living lol. He's competing at a few meets on the Grand Prix circuit, in Jamaica, Brazil and Senegal. Everyone else in the group are doing a great job. It will be interesting to see what we all do when we have our peak conditions. Its truly amazing to train with the best in my sport who are like-minded and have the same aspirations as I.
This coming weekend I'm off to Calgary for the Lethbridge Throws Gala. Its a festival style meet so I will have 3 or 4 opportunities to compete. I'll be training through this meet. My eyes are set on the Central American and Caribbean in Cali, Colombia in July. That's all for now. Don't forget to vote for a slogan.
Cheers!!!

No comments:

Vote for your favorite slogan