Flag of the Cayman Islands

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Training Notes

Today's am practice went well. I had 14 attempts with the 10kg. Almost all were over 44m. I had a best of 45.30m today. I was very consistent this morning.
The weather in Kamloops can change at any time. And so it did. The afternoon was wet, windy and cold. I had 14 attempts with the 9kg. I threw easy and worked on technique, I didn't want to slip and fall. Especially not in the middle of the season. About 30 min after practice the rain stopped and the sun peaked from behind the clouds. I tend to like days like this because it helps you practice throwing in bad weather. If I get to a major competition and its raining and I am able to cope with the mental aspects, I may have the upper hand on my competitors. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some good weather and the same consistency I had today.

No comments:

Vote for your favorite slogan