Flag of the Cayman Islands

Monday, January 7, 2008

Training notes

A.M.
On Friday I had a variation change in my program. Over the break I was throwing once a day and using my 8kg program. Now I'm doing the 8kg program but I'm taking 5 throws, doing my full lifting program, back down stairs for another 5 throws, into another full set of lifting, 5 more throws then 1 set of lifting for all my exercises. Wow!! A little tired after that. But it is nice to have a slight program change. I think that this variation is preparing me to change my program. And also to end the peak condition. If there are any coaches reading this post a comment on how you feel about it. My second set of throws felt stronger but I had fatigue in my legs. Many of the throws felt like I was glued to the ground on my second turn(I only do 3). He also has been coaching me to not lift my left foot so high off the ground, more specifically not having such a big heal turn. Which, in the US this is most often taught. Coach Bondarchuk says that it is not necessary. I recall going to a throws camp and the person putting the camp on would blast us for not being able to lift our toes high enough going into a heel turn. "You guys can't even slide a penny under there." Now I know that that move is not needed. If you look at many of the athletes he has coached in the hammer most if not all of them have heel turns that don't involve the toes trying to touch the sky. lol. Well that a lot for today. Please leave comments.
P.M.
Same as above, long,good, and productive workout.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Vote for your favorite slogan