Flag of the Cayman Islands

Monday, January 14, 2008

Training notes

A.M.
8kg. Hello everyone. This morning was a tough practice. I had a hard time putting together a decent throw. My speed felt way down. However, I didn't feel bad at all. I wasn't tired nor did I have sore muscles. Coach B. had me bend my left side on my winds and it helped me push the ball better. He was stressing to keep a bent position throughout the entire movement. This prevents me from being "up" in the throw.
P.M.
7&6kg. My program has changed since Saturday. I've been throwing the 7 and 6kg hammer in the afternoons. They felt really good and light. It's because I have been throwing the 8kg for so long. I was supposed to only do specific strength exercises in the afternoon but I misunderstood him and continued to do the 8kg lifting in the afternoon.
Today he told me I was doing the wrong workout. I was saying to myself geez how long will I be on the same lifting program for both workouts. The throws were great though. 8 reps with both weights.

No comments:

Vote for your favorite slogan