Flag of the Cayman Islands

Friday, November 2, 2007

Training notes

A.M.
Well I'm really beginning to get use to the cold weather. It's not that bad. I had a break-through practice today. I actually looked and felt like a hammer thrower. I have been totally backing it off, (not trying to throw hard) the past 5 or 6 days and it's really coming together. Coach B. really pleased. He always tells me, " Michael too simple, too simple move" meaning that it's supposed to feel easy. I am waiting and being patient on the ball letting it past the left and keeping my knees bent throughout the turns. I'm also bending more on the start. It helps to watch old video of Yuri Sedyh, the world record holder, whom Coach B trained to greatness.
P.M.
Another solid practice. I had two wires break on me though. Cold weather gets to hammers as well.lol I just have to keep this good feeling going and I should be fine. Soon I'll be able to go a little faster but I'm in no hurry.

No comments:

Vote for your favorite slogan