Flag of the Cayman Islands

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Training notes

A.M.
8KG. I guess I'll stop talking about the weather in my intro's. because it will get continually colder and colder as time passes. I felt good this morning. First throw out I broke a wire. I may have broken 5 or 6 wires since I have been here. I think it happens because of the cold. So that took a long time to get it off and put the hammer on a new wire. I spent about 20 min doing that. But it was better to happen in the beginning of practice than in the middle, I won't cool down and then have to go and throw again. My technique felt on the money today. Which is god because I have been feeling to relaxed and I felt like I had no fire in my muscles. This was directly from a massage I had on my off day last week. It feels good to have one but it's not conducive for training. The start on all my throws were good I just have to continue through the final position. Most of the throws were going wide left of the sector and again that's from not finishing a throw + catching late on turn 3.
P.M.
6KG. Outside practice. Speed was up today. The distance still isn't as far as I would like it to be but at least my techniques is holding. I'm working on keeping a bent position of my knees throughout the entire throw. This movement has a different feeling than extending the knees going into the catch position which is referred to as being "up" which is not good at all. So that will continue to be the main focus of my practices until I'm told something else.

No comments:

Vote for your favorite slogan