Flag of the Cayman Islands

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Training notes

A.M.
The past few days I have been nursing a patella tendinitis injury. I just overworked my quads and not enough stretching caused my knee to hurt. However, the good thing is it allowed me to work on my technique which improves day by day. I threw the 8KG 52m this morning. I wasn't even trying to throw it hard. So that's a good thing. Lifting went well. No half squats or leg ups due to the knee.
P.M.
6kg 61.70m PR.'d today with the 6k I felt pretty good. My speed was up. Mr. B was pleased and said that I look a lot better than I have before in the Spring. He has me doing my winds in the front which are a little tricky and different to do. Overall I was very happy with today, my duck tapped knee an all. lol
It's nice having a good training environment.You get to feed off of each others energy. Jennifer Joyce is a really good Canadian hammer thrower. Her video will be this weeks feature. We have a good group going, Rob, Vanessa, Jen+n,lol, Caltha and Ford.
That's all for today.

No comments:

Vote for your favorite slogan