Flag of the Cayman Islands

Friday, November 9, 2007

Training notes

A.M.
8kg training. It was sunny out which is a big change from the damp, cold weather we have been having. It took me a few throws to get my rhythm down. I'm still doing my winds in the front. It still feels awkward but it allows the ball to move me. Solid throws after the circle dried up. I'm glad Kareem Street reminded me that I have to get used to this kind of weather because this is what I will have to deal with in 2012 in London for the Olympics. Lifts were really good. My knee is feeling a lot better. I went 5 kilos heavier on my snatch for 3X80KG and was fast and solid.

P.M.
6kg training. Weather cleared up but it was really windy. I had a good feeling before practice and I felt really strong. I threw a P.R. !!! 62.0M and 62.10m with the 6k. However, I still pulled a few throws, which is a really bad habit. I have to learn not to and be more patient. Yes it was great to P.R. but the technique could have been better. Lifting went well. Specific strength exercises are feeling good. My core feels strong. I look forward to tomorrow to work on pushing the ball and getting my right leg down faster.

No comments:

Vote for your favorite slogan